Turn it loose; lay it down.

 

Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.

--Steve Maraboli

 

It’s summer. It’s hot in my part of the world, and crazy weird the world over. This week, I simply want to share a prayer from Charles de Foucauld, and invite you to meditate on the words daily. See what happens in your soul. 

Father, I abandon myself into your hands.

Do with me what you will.

Whatever you may do, I thank you;

I am ready for all, I accept all.

Let only your will be done in me,

And in all your creatures.

I wish no more than this, O Lord. 

Into your hands I commend my soul;

I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,

For I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,

To surrender myself into your hands without reserve,

And with boundless confidence, for you are my Father.

Amen 

Now pause. Rest. Listen. Give thanks. And—let go. . . .

 

Monday Grab a hat and head outdoors. Pause, tip your head back and look up. Now lower your gaze to the ground. What did you see? Genesis 45:1-3

 

Tuesday Indoors or out, in your home or another place, pause for several minutes and listen deeply. Beyond the voices and traffic, tune your ear to an inner Voice. What do you hear? Psalm 133

 

Wednesday This time of year has its own peculiar smell. What smell catches your attention today? Can you describe it? Isaiah 56:1; 6-8


Thursday We require food for our very survival. Today, be very deliberate in choosing what you eat. As you eat, put your fork down between bites and really taste what you are eating. Genesis 45:4-15

 

Friday Every surface of our bodies is sensitive to touch or contact. Being deprived of human touch during this season of pandemic is difficult. Be aware of this today as you make your way in the world. Psalm 67

 

Saturday As you pray for yourself today, give thanks for the “complete package” that is you. Amen. Matthew 15:10-20


Sunday Look around you, Enjoy the moment with another. Give thanks for creation all around. Romans 11:29-32

 

Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone any more. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself. –Deborah Reber

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stepping back. . . .

It's that time again. . . .

Starting again